Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Acorns


It has been a while since I have blogged on this thing, and due to the fact that I have decided to get rid of myspace, I feel that now is as good a time as any to start blogging more regularly.

ALOT has gone on in my life recently. Not only have I decided to regress to my first major, English-Literature, have found my new apartment, have gained a degree minor and have learned that my dad is getting married in September, I have also decided to nuture some neglected relationships in my life....

Last night I went and stayed with my grandma, cousin and aunt in Katy due to the "tropical storm. " More like a sprinkle of precipitation that just so happened to form in a somewhat tropical place that experienced one lightening bolt. Nonetheless, I went to stay with them. It was a very fun evening and was marked as one of many days that we have spent together recently. Since my parents have left, I have somewhat isolated myself from a few important people in my life and it has been so nice to reconnect with my family and to get to have this, what is now weekly, quality time together. I enjoy the conection I feel to family, and it is awesome to have those moments where I remember times with them as a little girl, and can't believe how much time has passed.

While I have been so resistant to change and have been too stubborn to ask people for help or for some quality time, this is an example of how breaking down those walls can bless your life.

I recognized this the most this morning while I was sitting in the recliner next to my grandma, drinking coffee with her and having the same feeling I did every morning with my mom. What can I say, I guess the acorn never really does fall too far, you just have to care enough to look for it.

No comments: