Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Santa for President!!!


(Disclaimer: I do not regard myself as anyone who is really concerned about politics, however I am informed. My thoughts may be viewed as immature and ignorant, and feel free to think that. This is really just to give explanation on why I will be writing Santa Claus in on the ballot.)


Alright Already! I may be the only one, but I am SO over this election. Something that was a fought for right has turned into salacious gossip (I have "US Weekly" for that), and most often with greater focus on the fact that Michelle Obama shops at "White House Black Market" than her husband's political policies. Do I really care if my future president is a good dancer on" Ellen?" Is it really any of my concern what Sarah Palin's calves look like, how she does on SNL or anyone's racial background? Seriously people.


I have read many posts and blogs and heard conversations regarding this topic and it is strange to me that political figures, people whom we are not eternally governed by, have the power to stir dissension in such a manner. The fact is, we must, in regard to the candidates and in the words of someone wise, choose between a crap sandwich and a crap milkshake. Not ideal, but it really is true.


(....At least with Santa toys are involved, and we already know he can handle globalization and effective foreign relations. Can YOU go around the world in one night while creating peace and happiness...????)


We have bigger fish to fry...I recently heard a sermon about Heaven, Hell and eternity, and as a result feel I must seriously ask myself if I really have room on my plate to be bothered by an earthly hierarchy filled with better wordsmiths than me. This could, however, be my bias talking as I have never been very good at people and pedestals.


Yes, it is important that we are well informed, have a voice, hope for change and pick who we think will do that for us personally, but beyond that give this sensationalism no more power. I can just see it now.... New reality show, "America's Next Top President." Boy, oh boy!Please, lets give politics and political figures proper respect, time and energy.

No comments: