Friday, November 30, 2007

"Planning" for a SHORT LIFE

This morning's sermon offered yet another thought provoking message. The topic was based on the idea that life is short. Not that this is an opinion, but I couldn't agree more.
Just looking around at different areas of my life, I can see so many moments that I miss. Moments that I fail to be completely submerged in due to being stuck on "planning" mode. Although this is something that I am sure everyone experiences, it is still unfortunate.The saddest part is that it causes us to bubble - wrap ourselves from wrong decisions in work, love, and our daily lives. It keeps us from receiving the things meant for our current reality.
I am not saying that to always idealize and live without a logical perspective is healthy, it isn't. What I am saying however, is that it is so important to surrender our self- imposed fates and lack of trust to God. I find that I fail to do this everyday... even when I am wearing my brightest rose-colored glasses.
By giving up our supposed "plan," I feel that we will all be more at peace and feel less of a need to control. We will have the opportunity to actually live our lives instead of prepare for it, as well as see the current blessings in front of us. We will be giving ourselves the opportunity to receive the things ready for our lives NOW...things we didn't plan for.
~ peace, love and prayers

No comments: